Saturday, December 13, 2008

December already?

I don't know when this happened, but today was my last day of student teaching! I had an absolute blast working at Midland Elementary, and left school today with a giant stack of cards and tears in my eyes. I'm going to miss those kids a whole bunch! I will don the goofy hat and robe tomorrow to walk across the stage and receive the holder for my diploma which will be coming in the mail in 2-3 months or something like that. I'm pretty excited to be graduating, especially since I have received a job offer for a long term substitute position at Shining Mountain Elementary in the Bethel School District! I'll be teaching K-6 music there on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the month of January. I'll be subbing elsewhere in the district on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I also hope to get my application in to Franklin Pierce so I can go back to my student teaching school and actually get PAID to be there! I have also spoken with the music coordinator in Bethel, and he seems to be really open to working with me while I'm in Australia to do phone interviews and such so I will hopefully have a job when I come home! Praise the Lord for his favor, because he's the only one who could have hooked up such a sweet deal!

I want to give a HUGE shout out to the family and friends who have responded to my support letter and offered prayer and/or financial support! You have blessed my heart way mucho! There's still a long way to go as far as finances are concerned, but I know the Lord is faithful and he will provide! Keep praying for open doors and that the Lord would help me get everything ready for the trip! Things have been kind of put on hold in order to finish up student teaching and graduate, but now the big push will be coming to get ready to leave for Australia. I'm excited, but also super nervous. I know the Lord is totally going to come through and be my strength, but sometimes it's hard not to want to do things by my own strength.

Thanks so much for your support, everyone! Love you!

~Maggie

P.S.
Here's the latest fund raising tally:


Free fundraising thermometer

No comments: