Friday, March 20, 2009

March Madness!!!

I can't believe it's the middle of March already! I don't know about you all back home, but I feel like the time here is flying! This week, we had an amazing speaker from YWAM Perth (on the west side of Australia) come to our base and speak on Biblical World View. She was out of this world! So funny! She nicknamed one of the guys in our class "Days of Our Lives" because he admitted to watching that soap opera "in the summer when there was nothing else on". She really challenged us to walk in holiness and fear of the Lord. We also talked about a lot of the other prominent world views that are out there, which was really eye-opening for me.

The big adventure of this week happened on Thursday when one of our compadres came back from a shopping trip with a tiny little gray kitten. Apparently, she found it on the side of the road and it was starving, so she brought it back here and we've started taking care of it. There's no way we're going to be able to keep him, but he's so darn cute!!! His favorite thing to do when I'm holding him is climb right up next to my face, nuzzle my cheek, and fall asleep on my chest. How could you resist something that cute??? It's going to be hard to turn him over to the animal shelter, but he's been just what I've needed this week--a little fuz therapy. That, in addition to the care package I got from home today (complete with Reese's) has made this pretty much the perfect day. You can't buy Reese's down here, so all of my American friends are totally jealous of them.

On top of all the goodness, my bracket is doing fairly well in March Madness! I'm bummed that I'm not home to watch the games, especially because NOBODY follows college ball down here! But, I have my bracket filled out on Facebook, and I'll be diligently checking it to see how my teams are doing during the Tourney. I'm sure I'll rock the first round or two and tank in the end--that's usually what happens....

So, life is good down here, my friends! Hope all is well with you--keep in touch and let me know how you're all doing!

~M

P.S.
Cat pics will be coming as soon as we have internet that isn't lame... I can't remember if I posted the rainstorm album, but if not, here it is:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2044435&id=44901593&l=61bd8b6aa5

No comments: