Monday, June 15, 2009

New Pictures

Hi friends! Back safe and sound and finally recovered from the death food poisoning. I uploaded some of my photos from the last week or so that you can peruse here:

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/smithmj13/

We’re getting settled back in with our other friends and getting ready to get our hands dirty. The woman who plans our outings is really sick right now. She had surgery a while ago and is undergoing some partial chemo to get rid of the growths that the surgery couldn’t remove. The next time you talk to Mr. J, think of her. We’re not quite sure what we’ll be doing here because she’s not well enough to organize our work times, but hopefully we’ll get to do something. We are for sure helping with the English classes that are going on here, which is really exciting. I’m stoked to go see the kids again this week and review the stuff we learned last time.

I’m having a great time here, but I’m starting to really count down the days until home (literally—46 days from today, I’m on a plane!). We’re at the point in the school where you’ve been living with the same 6 people for 5 months and they’re really starting to get on your nerves. I still love them all heaps, but I’m trying to keep my distance so I don’t accidentally kill one of them…. Love you and miss you all!!!

No comments: