Monday, February 2, 2009

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...."

3 days! I can hardly believe it! I have had all my stuff strewn out on the guest room floor for the past three weeks, and today Jami came over and helped me pack. It took some serious purging (after I had already done 3 rounds of purging on my own) and a lot of reminders from the "Stuff" series at church, but I have everything I need crammed into one 60 lb checked bag, one carry on, and a guitar case. WOW! Mad props to Jamers for helping me pack!

It still doesn't really feel like I am leaving in 3 days. I've been saying goodbye to everybody, but it doesn't feel real yet. Maybe it will once I'm on the 14 and a half hour plane ride of doom from LA to Sydney! Not looking forward to that... But, I am SUPER excited to get down there and start a whole new chapter of my life. Keep praying that I will have an open and teachable heart and that God will protect me in all my travels.

As I prepare to leave, I can't help but think of all the people who helped to make this trip possible. I have been SO blessed by the gifts and financial support from so many of my friends and family--I can't thank you enough! The Lord has used you all in a mighty way to provide for this trip and I am truly grateful for each one of you!

Expect the next update to come from Down Under!!!! ;-}

No comments: