Thursday, February 12, 2009

First few days of YWAM

Hi friends! So, we've had our first few days of classes down here. The schedule is really intense, but I'm having a good time. My classmates and the staff are great, but we're in some super-tight quarters right now because our school is too big for the base. We're actually praying to be moving into a new base location in the next week or so. The new base is SUPER nice and huge, so we're really excited about it! Pray that God's favor will be over the move and that he will provide everything we need to get there quickly and effectively.
Class has been mostly basic intro stuff about YWAM so far, but we did have one really good session about the indigenous Aboriginal culture in Australia and the history of this place. It was really powerful to hear the testimony of one of our leaders who is native aboriginal and how God has brought her through a lot of deliverance from the atrocities that happened to her people. I am really excited to learn more about the aboriginal peoples, as well as the other nations represented at the school. One of my goals for the next 6 months is to collect a folk song or dance from each culture represented at the DTS so I can bring it back with me and teach it to my students!

More updates when I get a spare moment--things are really intense and our internet time is limited, so don't hate me if it takes me a while to get back to you!

~Maggie

P.S.
We had a blast at the animal park--I took WAY too many pictures which I'll post as soon as I get a spare moment!

No comments: