Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tourist Day in Sydney

Hi everybody! It's my second day in Australia! I slept well last night and am not feeling the jet lag too bad. I'm just wiped because it's SO HOT down here! It was in the 90's today, and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow.

Today, a few of my classmates and I went into Sydney to see the sights. It was so beautiful! We spent the first 45 minutes searching for food and were completely starving by the time we found a mall food court. Once we got food, we set out to see a bit of the city. We saw Hyde park and the Royal Botanic Gardens, which were absolutely beautiful! The garden had these trees that were full of huge fruit bats! I took at least a million pictures of the plants and flowers, and of course the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. I tried uploading the pictures on Facebook, but wasn't able too. I have a dropshots account that I'm uploading my photos to right now, but it's taking FOREVER! I'll let you know when I get them all posted.

We might be going to Hillsong for church tomorrow, but if not, we're definitely going next weekend. The DTS has it's official opening tomorrow night (Sunday), and then on Monday we're going to a kangaroo reserve where we get to feed kangaroos by hand (pictures will come--promise!). School officially starts on Tuesday, and I'm super excited! More updates when I have more news. Sending you hugs and lots of heat waves from Down Under!

No comments: